Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Live on the Michael Medved Show


I'll have the opportunity to talk about independent voters, and the independent voter movement, on the Michael Medved radio show tomorrow, Thursday, March 27, at 4 p.m. Eastern. The show, which airs on the Salem Radio Network, is heard on 200 or so stations nationwide and reaches a potential audience of 3.5 million listeners. To find out if it airs in your area, and on which station you can listen to it, go to the web site's station finder and click on your state.

For those of you unfamiliar with Michael, he was a well-known movie critic (co-hosting "Sneak Previews" with Jeffrey Lyons) and author before he became a well-known conservative talk-show host and commentator. (He pretty much stunned everyone when he converted from being a liberal to---some would say---an ultra conservative in the late '70s or early '80s, as I recall.) For those of you with long memories, he's also the guy who gave us the book What Really Happened to the Class of '65? and the subsequent TV show.

Regardless of what you think of his politics, Michael is a terrific and insightful interviewer. He's fair, and he always has interesting guests. (Pray that I'll keep that streak going for him!) This interview will provide me with a great opportunity to get the word out about independent activists and how we can impact the political system. I'm psyched!

(Cross-posted on Postmodern Misfit.)

2 comments:

J. Thomas Hunter said...

I'm listening right now to your interview on the Michael Medved Show. I, myself, am an unabashed conservative, but I find the phenomenon of "independent voters" to be very interesting. Politicians are working hard to attract the independents and I understand why. However, I'm confused by how someone could vote for a candidate who; for example, supports the withdrawal from Iraq; while also voting for someone who wants to stay there for years to come. Wouldn't that voter be contradicting his vote in that regard?

I love this topic! Thank you for bringing it up!

Marcia Ford said...

Thanks for commenting! And yes, I do think it would be contradictory for someone to vote for one candidate who supports withdrawal and one who wants to stay the course---although that voter might be far more passionate about another issue altogether, and that issue trumps the war (or whatever the secondary issue may be). If I lived in a border state, for example, and there were two candidates (running for two different offices, of course) who disagreed on the war but had brilliant ideas for solving the illegal alien problem, I'm guessing the immigration issue would trump the war for me. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm glad to know someone was listening to my segment on the show! It was an experience, for sure. Were you one of the callers?